Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Bipasha Basu Profile Biography Trivia Movies Awards Quotes




· Name:

Bipasha Basu

· Nick Names:

Bonny, Bips, Goddess of the Ramp

· Bipasha means:

Deep Dark desire

· Date of Birth:

May 5, 1979 in Delhi

· Sun Sign:

Capricorn

· Mother Tongue:

Bengali

· Height:

5' 8.5"

· Father:

Hirak Basu

· Mother:

Mamatha Basu

· Siblings:

Bidisha and Vijayeta

· Eye colour:

Dark Brown

· Education:

Commerce graduate

· First appearance:

‘Tu’ for Sonu Nigam’s album “Kismat”

· Hindi Debut Film:

Ajnabee

· Tamil Debut Film:

Sachin

· Hobbies:

dancing, reading and helping her mother with interior designing

· Regrets:

Doing the controversial Calida commercial

· Likes:

To try out all kind of roles

· Favourite movie:

English-Godfather, Hindi-Masoom

· Favourite Actors:

Bollywood:Amitabh Bachan, Aamir Khan,


Hollywood: Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford

· Favourite Actress:

Bollywood: Kajol, Manisha Koirala and Tabu


Hollywood: Michelle Pfeiffer and Julia Roberts

· Favourite sportsperson:

David Beckham

· Favorite Food:

Shrimp

· Believes:

Mehr Jesia is her godmother

· Love to do:

a film like My Best Friend's Wedding

· Frustrated:

To wait on the sets with make-up on

· Address:

105/B, Ashiyana Estate,


John Bapist Road,


Bandra (W), Mumbai -50.

Trivia

# Bipasha was born in New Delhi to a Bengali Hindu family. She is the second daughter of the 3 daughters.

# On July 7, 2007, Bipasha co-hosted the new Seven Wonders of the World event along with two-time Oscar winner Hilary Swank and Oscar winner Sir Ben Kingsley in Lisbon, Portugal.

# She was winner of 'Tulip Miss Super Vivacious'.

# She was given All India Filmgoers award, "Queen of hearts" for Omkara.

# Initially she planned to do chartered accountancy or medicine.

# She was also listed as sexiest woman of Asia along with fellow stars Mallika Sherawat and Aishwarya Rai.

# Bipasha Basu performed a dance with sex workers in an effort to raise AIDS awareness[2006].

# Bipasha is one of the few people in Bollywood who have a movie titled after them (Bipasha- The Black Beauty).

# Bipasha has a fear of heights.

# sexy Bipasha was considered 'ugly' in her younger years due to her dark complexion

# Bipasha actually wanted to be a doctor.

# Commercial Endorsements: Close-up, Pantene, Benzer, Lakme, Head & Shoulders.

# Bipasha Basu dated some of the hunkiest men like Milind Soman and Dino Morea before making a commitment with John Abraham. The couple separated after a ten year relationship, but Basu claimed that she has no regrets over the break-up and it was definitely not amicable. No break-up is ever amicable. Otherwise, no one would break up.

Personal Quotes

# “Yeah, I did a lot of ads, but my heart was not in it. I started missing my family because it was the first time I was away from them. So I happily gave it all up and came down to India”

# “These days, it's shocking to see the level of desperation among girls to enter the film industry.”

# “No matter how heroine-oriented my roles are, everyone just sees the glamour. After all that effort, all people see is that I look hot and sexy.”

# “Kareena might be a star daughter but I am confident I'll be noticed for who I am. Insecurity is a word that doesn't exist in my head.”

# “I have visited Paris only once. I wasn’t romantically attached at the time. But the love I received in Paris is something I will never forget. It’s a place every woman should visit, while she’s young.”

# “I am coming from a profession that deserves respect. I also deserve respect,”

# “Once you enter films, your private life becomes a joke”.

# “Sexy in India, is not considered positive. But, with today's crop of fresh faces, in the modeling arena, being sexy is an asset.”

# “I think my first film will create an image, which I will immediately try to break away from. I have a sexy, glamour doll image which I want to get out of. But if nothing else works out, I shall cash in on it. I don't have any dream role in mind, I want to try out everything.”

# “I actually wanted to be a doctor. But doing all those horrid rat dissections made me faint. I studied science till the 12th standard and later took up commerce. I was planning to do chartered accountancy, but fate had something else in store for me.”

# “I am the boss in my life. I decide when to charge more and when not to. I live in my own zone. I don't hurt anyone and I am very transparent. I don't keep people hanging in life.” (2005)

# “I am doing pretty well for myself, and I am proud to be the person I am. If people write that I am a mean person when it comes to money, then let them write it!” (2005)

# “Somebody cheated me when I was a young model. I had a bad experience, and was running from court to court. So I understand what a contract is. I sit with my lawyer and chartered accountant before signing a contract. I learned very early in life how one gets cheated. So I am very careful now when it comes to money issues.”(2005)

# “If a girl wears a shirt and a skirt, does she become more sensuous? I think a girl in a sari is more sensuous than a girl in a skirt. In my opinion, a wet sari is the most sensuous.” (2005)

# “Every other girl is taking off her clothes just for the heck of it and I don't want to be in that category. I can never be cheap or vulgar.”

# “See, some time back I did films such as Madhoshi (2004) and Chehraa (2005), both solo-heroine projects, but unfortunately it didn't work at the box-office. And the reason I feel is that the makers didn't have enough money to promote the film and all my hard work was wasted. I realized then that it's better to work with established makers who have the capacity to take the film right through till the end and who know their job.”

# “I already have a dream man (John) but if I had to make a choice, I wouldn't mind someone like Brad Pitt! I would like him to have qualities like my father, very chilled-out, because I'm over sensitive and hyper and I want someone who is very calm with a great sense of humor. Someone who has energy like me, who can work the whole day and party right through the night and have a blast without a bother, someone who is very secure and confident of his woman.”

# “An unforgettable experience happened on December 15, 1996 when I won the Supermodel contest while still in school. I was just seventeen years old then. Winning that competition was the turning point of my life. That's how I got into modeling and later started acting.”

# “For me chilling out is when I can stay at home, order food from outside and watch a film with my friends. Listening to music and watching films are my idea of perfect relaxation.”

# “When asked if she has become an expert in the comedy genre: "I can't say that I've become an expert in comedy, but yes my confidence level is certainly high post the success of the film [No Entry (2005)].

# “I've learned how to improvise in the genre. And by the time I do my third or fourth comedy film, my ability to improvise would definitely be much more. Then maybe you could say that I'm an expert.”

# “I have always believed that if you need to take your clothes off to get your man, you've begun to lose the battle. If you pull it off right, you can do it in a very classy way...Being sexy is about suggestion; it's about the tease. It's not about being obvious and forcing yourself out in the open. That takes all the fun out of being a woman.”

# “What happens between 2 people is supposed 2 stay between d 2 when its over, that’s d dignity that I have grown up with and the respect I deserve. I don’t need to be on a talk show 2 prove my goodness! My relationship with John Abraham is over for good, for reasons known best to the both of us.”

# “In our country the strength of a daughter is underestimated. I come from a family of three sisters where all three of us were given every kind of opportunity and encouragement by our parents!”

# “If your heart breaks, you know that you are a human being and it happens. But you can't mope over it. There's only one life. The time was right to end it. No regrets over it.”

# “To be called a sex symbol or sexy is an achievement in itself. One doesn't get it easily. However, I want to shed this image now. Hence I am playing different roles. I am not allergic to play the character of an 80-year-old woman even.”

# “I believe everything negative that happens in your life is for a positive reason.”

Movies







Year

Film

Role



2001

Ajnabee

Sonia/Neeta



2002

Takkari Donga

Panasa



2002

Raaz

Sanjana Dhanraj



2002

Aankhen

Raina



2002

Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai

Ria



2002

Chor Machaaye Shor

Ranjita



2002

Gunaah

Prabha Narayan



2003

Jism

Sonia Khanna



2003

Footpath

Sanjana Rai Shingla Khan



2003

Rules: Pyaar Ka Superhit Formula




2003

Zameen

Nandini



2004

Ishq Hai Tumse

Kushboo



2004

Aetbaar

Ria Malhotra



2004

Rudraksh

Gayetri



2004

Rakht: What If You Can See the Future

Drishti



2004

Madhoshi

Anupama Kaul



2005

Chehraa

Megha



2005

Sachein

Manju



2005

Viruddh




2005

Barsaat

Anna



2005

No Entry

Bobby



2005

Apaharan

Megha



2005

Shikhar

Natasha



2006

Hum Ko Deewana Kar Gaye

Sonia Berry



2006

Darna Zaroori Hai

Varsha



2006

Phir Hera Pheri

Anuradha



2006

Alag




2006

Corporate

Nishigandha Dasgupta



2006

Omkara

Billo Chamanbahar



2006

Jaane Hoga Kya

Aditi



2006

Dhoom 2

ACP Shonali Bose/ Monali Bose



2007

Nehlle Pe Dehlla

Pooja



2007

No Smoking




2007

Om Shanti Om

Herself



2007

Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal

Rumana



2008

Race

Sonia



2008

Bachna Ae Haseeno

Radhika/Shreya Rathod



2008

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

Herself



2009

Aa Dekhen Zara

Simi Chatterjee



2009

All The Best: Fun Begins

Jhanvi Chopra, Princess of Lushoto



2009

Sob Choritro Kalponik

Radhika



2010

Pankh

Nandini (Alter-ego)



2010

Lamhaa

Aziza



2010

Aakrosh

Geeta



2011

Dum Maro Dum

Zoey



2011

Players




2011

Singularity

Tulaja Naik







Awards

Filmfare Awards

Winner

# Filmfare Best Debut Award for Ajnabee(2001 )

Nominated

# Filmfare Best Actress Award for Raaz(2002 )

# Filmfare Best Villain Award for Jism(2003)

# Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award, for No Entry(2005)

# Filmfare Best Actress Award for Corporate(2006)

# Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award for Bachna Ae Haseeno(2008)

Stardust Awards

Nominated

# Stardust Best Supporting Actress Award, for Bachna Ae Haseeno(2008 )

# Stardust Fashion Icon(2008 )

# Stardust Best Actress Award, Thriller for Aakrosh(2011 )

# Stardust Best Actress Award, Drama for Lamhaa(2011 )

Star Screen Awards

Nominated

# Star Screen Award Best Supporting Actress, for Ajnabee(2002 )

# Star Screen Award Jodi No. 1 along with Dino Morea for Raaz(2003)

# Star Screen Award Best Actress for Corporate(2007 )

# Star Screen Award Best Supporting Actress for Bachna Ae Haseeno(2009)

# Star Screen Award Best Actress popular choice category for All the Best: Fun Begins(2010)

Zee Cine Awards

Nominated

# Zee Cine Award Best Female Debut for Ajnabee(2002)

# Zee Cine Award Best Actor- Female for Corporate(2007 )

Winner

# Zee Cine Award Dynamic Duo for Raaz (shared with Dino Morea)(2003)

International Indian Film Academy Awards

Winner

# Sony faces of the Year (shared with Arjun Rampal and Gracy Singh)(2002)

Nominated

# Best Supporting Actress for Ajnabee(2002)

# Best Supporting Actress for Dhoom 2(2007 )

# Best Supporting Actress for Bachna Ae Haseeno(2009 )

# Best Actress for Race(2009 )

Winner

# IIFA Style Diva of the year(2009)

Global Indian Film Awards

Winner

# GIFA Best Actress AwardFor: Corporate(2006)

Winner

# GIFA Best Actress critics for Corporate(2006)

Bollywood Movie Awards

Winner

# Bollywood Movie Award - Best Villain for Jism(2003)

Winner

# Bollywood Movie Award - Best Actress for Corporate(2007)

Other Awards Won

# Star's Sabsey Favourite Nayi Heroine for Raaz( 2004)

# MTV style awards, Most Stylish Female(2003)

# Ranked number one in the Eastern Eye(2005)

# Anadalok Purashkar Award, Best Actress for Corporate(2006)

# Anand Bazar Patrika Award, Best Actress for Corporate(2006)

# MTV Immies,Best Performance in a Song- Female for Beedi(2006)

# All India Filmgoers award,Queen of hearts, for Omkara(2007)

# Was voted the sexiest woman in Asia by the Eastern Eye, a London-based Asian influenced magazine(2007)

# Star's Sabsey Favourite Fashion Icon(2008)

# Star's Sabsey Favourite Fit star(2009)

Pageants

# Ford Supermodel of the world Contest(1996)

# Tulip Miss Super Vivacious(1996)

No comments: