Monday, November 21, 2011

John Abraham Profile Biography Trivia Movies




Name: John Abraham
Born On: 17th December 1972 in Mumbai, India
sun Sign: Saggitarius
Height: 6'1"
Mother: Phiroza Irani
Sibling: Younger brother Alan
Religion: Catholic chtistian
Education: B.A(Economics) at the Bombay scottish School
M.B.A from the Mumbai Educational Trust
Website: johnabraham.com
Debut Film: Jism in 2003
Likes: riding Bikes
Dislikes: Eating out
Hobbies: Fitness Exercise

Trivia

# John Abraham's mother is Zoroastrian parsi and father is a Christian from malayali Syrian.

# His father changed his name Parsi name Farhan to John his as he is a Syrian Christian.

# He has worked in so many music videos and media agencies like song Surma by Punjabi singer Jazzy B, Time & Space Media Entertainment Promotions Ltd, Enterprises-Nexus as a media planner before joining to the films and also as a model in Hong Kong, London, Singapore and New York City and won Gladrags Manhunt Contest and won 2nd place in Manhunt International Philippines.

# He is very much crazy about bikes.

# He is a Brand Ambassador for Clinic All Clear, Fastrack eye gear, Wrangler and Samsung cell phones.

# John dated actress Bipasha Basu for almost 9 years since 2002 which was even labelled as the most hottest couple of bollywood but for the reason seems to be marriage they decided to break up in 2011.. Bipasha wants to settle down but John was not ready to tie the knot. The latest news is that he is dating Priya Marwah who is a banker and has even announced that they will be getting married next year.

John with Priya

# John has developed a game called Velocity for cell phones.

# He was the first Asian model for Levis.

# John donated 10 lakhs to 'Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre', Mumbai.

# John Abraham got Filmfare Best Villain Award,and IIFA Best Villain Award,Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for 2 times for the films Dhoom(2005) and for Zinda(2007) ,Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for Baabul(2007), IIFA Best Supporting Actor for Garam Masala(2006), Star Screen Award Jodi No.1, Bollywood Movie Award - Best Male Debut for Jism, Stardust Superstar Award.

# He is awarded as the India's 'Sexiest Bachelo'r by the 'BIG CBS PRIME' in the year 2011, 'Sexiest Asian man of 2008'.

# He has also got Giant International Awards and Rajiv Gandhi Award for his contribution to film Industry.

# He loves animals and is actively involved with social communities like PETA and Habitat for Humanity and awarded with an ‘Eco-Warrior’ award from the Vice President of India.

Personal Quotes

# "I thought, 'Overrated, that's a cute little name, let me put it on my hat.' It's a funny thing to me, it's not bad."

# "I don't have a problem being labeled a sex symbol though I personally don't feel very sexy about myself. There's no harm in my creating a niche for myself in a certain bracket."

# "I was slightly disheartened when three of my films didn't work at the box-office.But the silver lining is that people did appreciate my work in those films. Had my performance gone unnoticed, I would've been in big trouble then".

# "I have no inhibitions when it comes to showing off my physique, but appearing nude on screen is out of the question. I don't need to resort to it and definitely not at this stage of my career."

# "I work for social causes that I address. I love animals and I work for PETA. I have my own brigade called John's brigade for Habitat for Humanity, Habitat For Humanity is a Jimmy Carter foundation project."

# "I don't even believe in one-night-stands. How the hell can you make love to someone whom you don't love? It's just not my scene".

# (About Bipasha Basu) "She is great in the film. As for my personal life, I do not want to talk about it. Let people say and write what they want".

# “I've been called an alcoholic, I've been called a drunk. I've been called a coward for not playing because I was hurt ... Anything possible pretty much that y'all can say bad about me has been said.”

# “I've seen so many people come and go since I've been here, I never thought I'd be in the situation thinking I'd be the one leaving. It's not something I'm going to go crazy over. Even you all know when it gets to a certain part of the season a lot of the guys aren't going to be here next year, we think that way, too.”

#“I think I'm right where I need to be. I'm definitely further along than I thought I would be.”

#“I thought, 'Overrated, that's a cute little name, let me put it on my hat.' It's a funny thing to me, it's not bad.”

# “We know his time of need, the situation he's in with the team, he's not the highest paid guy on the team so financially it's a really important thing right now. We'll try to work together and try to give him something to help his family out.”

#“You don't want any team to feel they have that advantage. Once you start winning consecutive times like that, teams start feeling you can beat them every time.”

# “Everybody thinks that's good for us, but it's really not a good thing for us, ... If I shoot you three times, what are you going to do Next time, you're going to put on a bulletproof vest, right They're going to do something to protect the quarterback. They're not going to sit there and take it all game.”

#“That one hurts the most, when former players talk about you, like the Mike Golics and the people who have played the game and understand that injuries happen, because everyone gets injured, and they still try to say I'm a bad player because of the injuries, and that's uncontrollable, ... I could go out right now and get in a car accident and never play football again and you're going to say I was a terrible player because of that”.

# "My greatest strength as an actor is that I follow my director's brief completely. The film is always the director's visual baby."

#“It seems like it. I feel I get doubled a lot. I guess the first few games I got off kind of fast. People watch film, they know who to block and who to look out for. I definitely think they've been doing a lot of things to slow me down.”

#“I think the first week might be tough, just with all the banging and bruising. I've been doing this for almost nine years now. If I can't get myself back into getting hit, that's a problem anyways.”

# “I'm 27. Everybody knows when you get around 30, 30-plus, you start to depreciate. I wanted to have that security of knowing I would be in the same place for the next three or four years or the next five or six years.”

# “You need a good base, and opening the Toronto International Film Festival gave us both the opportunity to showcase what we can do,”

# “I just love playing Miami. Any time you play Miami, New England or Buffalo, you try to have a good game. Those are games we have to win if we want to make it to the playoffs and if we're going to achieve what we're trying to do.”

Movies

SlNo.

Year

Film

Role

Director

1

2003

Jism

Kabir Lal

Amit Saxena

2

2003

Saaya

Dr. Akash (Akki)

Anurag Basu

3

2004

Aetbaar

Aryan Trivedi

Vikram Bhatt

4

2004

Paap

Shiven

Pooja Bhat

5

2004

Lakeer - Forbidden Lines

Saahil

Ahmed Khan

6

2004

Dhoom

Kabir

Sanjay Kadhvi

7

2004

Madhoshi

Aman

Tanveer Khan

8

2005

Elaan

Abhimanyu

Vikram Bhatt

9

2005

Karam

John

Sanjay F Gupta

10

2005

Kaal

Krish Thapar

Soham

11

2005

Viruddh

Amar Patwardhan

Mahesh Manjrekar

12

2005

Water

Narayan

Deepa Mehta

13

2005

Garam Masala

Shyam "Sam"

Priyadarshan

14

2005

Shikhar

Himself

M. Padmakumar

15

2006

Zinda

Rohit Chopra

Sanjay F Gupta

16

2006

Taxi Number 9211

Jai Mittal

Milan Luthria

17

2006

Baabul

Rajat

Ravi Chopra

18

2006

Kabul Express

Suhel Khan

Kabir Khan

19

2007

Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute To Love

Ashutosh Raina

Nikhil Advani

20

2007

Hattrick


Milan Luthria

21

2007

No Smoking

K

Anurag Kashyap

22

2007

Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal

Sunny Bhasin

Vivek Agnihotri

23

2008

Dostana

Kunal

Tarun Mansukhani

24

2009

Luck by Chance

Himself

Zoya Akhtar

25

2009

Little Zizou

Arjun

Soono Taraporewala

26

2009

New York

Samir (Sam)

Kabir Khan

27

2010

Aashayein

Rahul Sharma

Nagesh Kukunoor

28

2010

Jhoota Hi Sahi

Sid

Abbas Tyrewala

29

2011

7 Khoon Maaf

Jimmy Stetson

Vishal Bharadwaj

30

2011

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan


Ali Abbas Zafar

31

2011

Force

ACP Yashvardhan

Nishikant Kamath

32

2011

Desi Boyz

Nick Mathur (Hunter)

Rohit Dawan

33

2012

Housefull 2


Sazid Khan

34

2012

Race 2